Are you happy?

source: LoveThisPic

 If you asked me this question one year ago, I definitely would have given you a whole list of why I was not happy.

I wasn't happy because I was broke, (it's not like I have the money now) things were not going well in my life and I had some sort of pressure. I was not where I hoped I would be, and everybody around me was seemingly doing okay in their lives.

The thing that I realized about life is that you do not have to have the things that you want to be happy. Most of the time we overlook the things that we have and focus on the things that we do not have. You might be living in a good house with a good supply of water and electricity, you can afford healthy food and can put on clothes, but will still stress about how your dressing is not good enough, how you do not afford this or that.

Most of the time, our minds work against us. We often think of the things we do not have, the mistakes we did, and everything negative. We will spend many years looking for a job and when we get that job, we will still stress about how to get more. We are always on the go, trying to get more, trying to be more, and trying to have more. 

Someone said, we spend time praying for something and when God blesses us with that thing, we forget and focus on the next thing. It is not bad to always want more, it becomes bad when you fail to appreciate what you have first.

I am not where I wanted to be today, I do not have that money, I do not have that job, and there are many things that I want right now but I am not financially able. Do they bother me? No, because I learned to go easy on myself, I do what I can do to get the money or get that job and enjoy what I have for now. If I start stressing about how I do not have this or that right now yet there's nothing I can do about it, I will end up hurting myself more and pushing myself into depression.

When I feel pressured, I play my favorite
songs and danceee (imagine dancing to Short and Sweet by sautisol). Pressure and stressors have nothing against me, I will always dance them off. I also write a lot, either here on a blog post or in my journal. I make sure I affirm myself more, encourage myself that life will not always be like this, and also come up with plans on how to handle the issue.

When they say that happiness is a choice, please believe. You choose to make things stress you up or you choose to deal with them or let them go. It depends on you. Also, different people have different ways of creating happiness and it is okay, as long as you are happy. 

I am definitely happy today, yes I have a million and one things that stress me, but I choose to be happy. I choose to live one day at a time, deal with issues as they arise and let go of those that need to be left. I also do not punish myself for making mistakes. Mistakes are a good sign that shows I am trying and also a good way to learn. 

I listen to music more, write more, sleep more, and try to be positive most of my days. I also try to put in the hard work daily because I know it will lead to the successful future that I am looking forward to. I am sure things will work out. 

So, are you happy?

 

Comments

Popular Posts