It now makes sense...

Let's talk about life after school and how hard it is to just breathe in peace leave alone surviving. Especially some months post graduation.

These are the days when you realise that people who take their own lifes and those who decide to look into some funny ways to get money are actually better off and they do have a point.

Another thing is, it's never even entirely about the money. It's when you realise that most of your friends are already working, decided to further their studies and others moved out of the country. 

Don't get me wrong though, I am not a fan of comparison. But I'm human, I'll still find myself asking myself what I'm doing wrong cause others seem to be figuring life well and better than me.

Not only that, this is the period when most age mates start getting married or getting kids and you're also left wondering if you still exist or you're some spirit that died centuries ago.

Okay, it's not that I've been unlucky when it comes to love, but are people not taking this marriage and parenting thing too serious? I mean, si we are still babies ama?

Something else that I used to wonder how people end up using is drugs. Now it makes sense why someone would choose to drown themselve in alcohol and other drugs.

It makes even more sense why one would move from using drugs to abusing drugs. Again, I'm not advocating for drugs to relieve stress. Life itself is difficult not to mention the experiences we encouter and the daily struggles. At times we are full of hope and at times we are hopeless. 

Being an adult and being hopeless should be the worst place any human should ever live in and getting through to the end of the day should be an achievement because hopelessness takes away the need to exist. 

Hopelessness births pessimism. Being pessimistic ruins our mental and social wellbeing. Most people wouldn't want to exist in the same space with someone who is always negative and how we think affect our feeling and our behaviour.

As the year begins, I hope and pray that we find meaning amid a chaotic life. I hope we get to have less suicidal days and more days that we feel hopeful and optimistic. I hope we don't end up looking for negative ways to cope with our stresses but find peace and contentment within.


Love and hugs♥️


Comments

Popular Posts