6 Months post Myomectomy
It's interesting how seasons works and they for sure do not last. Especially the bad ones. First quarter of the year was that bad season for me.
Hospitalised with anaemia of 4.6 due to extreme blood loss during my periods and Open myomectomy surgery in the same month. Let's not talk about the experience in theatre and in that twenty days post op.
My healing journey has been so smooth and I am really, reallyyy questioning my whole menstrual health situation. I might have suffered for far too long for far too many years. I think my situation only escaleted about two years prior the surgery but started around the years that I first got menses.
Being a girl is hard and tiring. Especially a girl with menstrual health issues. We've seen how endometriosis is becoming a thing now especially since a lot of women are now openly talking about it. Fibroids and cysts are also very common and it still shocks me how many people I've met and talked to who've done either open myomectomy or laparascopy.
People don't talk about it enough.
This Journey has been both painful and beautiful. I've tasted hell and heaven in this journey. It's been six months of God's unending love and mercy. God has been faithful.
I recently did a 6 months post myomectomy ultrasound. Something that was so scary because I've heard people talk about a regrowth six month post myomectomy. Mine came out clean.
No fibroids, ovaries in good condition, uterus thats a normal size and a myomectomy scar that looks good and is healing well. Except a developed Keloid on my scar that doesn't affect me in any way but will definitely prevent it next time.
I've been reflecting on how things turned out and if there's something I learnt is how to let God control those things and situations that we have no control over or are behond us.
I was diagnosed with fibroids around August last year and by then the only treatment options that I got from the two gynaecologists I saw was surgery. One, because it was manageable and my fibroid was then around 6cm which was medium in size according to the ultrasound. Two, because it was cheaper with less side effects compared to the shrinking meds that was ment to induce early menopause. This option had a lot of side effects according to my second gynae.
So, surgery!
We did not settle on surgery immediately so we went for herbs first since there were a lot of concerns that cane with surgery like fear(from my side), finances, never doing virginal birth after fibroid surgery and them growing back. All these were valid reasons.
Herbs did not work for me. Apparently, my fibroid measured 12cm from my biopsy report taken after surgery. That was extremely big.
As days went by, my symptoms got worser and I started looking for hospitals to do the myomectomy. I feared public hospitals because I once worked in mbagathi hospital and their wards really looked scary plus they had many student doctors and nurses so I knew that was never an option for me.
I had other options, private hospitals but I did not have the cash money for them since they don't take the medical insurance that I had.
I am saying we should let God handle the situations that are beyond us because after all the struggles in finding a good hospital, I ended up going to a random hospital for blood Transfusion and that hospital happened to offer myomectomy and the craziest thing is, they accepted my medical insurance so the burden was bearable.
I also had a good ob-gyna, who's a woman( a plus) and I had a fair theatre experience plus a good ward experience after spending months worrying that I would never find a good hospital that is not expensive.
So whatever it is, trust God that he will figure things out for you. Infact, he'll make things perfect in his own time. He'll also make life easier for you, you just have to trust him.
❤️🌸

Comments
Post a Comment